1. Why is Ed giving up alchemy the "right answer"? What was the question?
2. Aside from getting Al back, how is Ed better off not being able to perform alchemy? He clearly seemed to miss it when he was on the rooftop.
3. What does Ed hope to prove by wandering the West learning all he can about alchemy if he can't do it anymore?
4. Why didn't Ed use the Philosopher's Stone Ling had? Why let Ling take it to Xing and risk it falling into the proverbial wrong hands?
5. If Ed can't do alchemy anymore, is it possible that he could learn to do alkahestry?